The DelVaLUG Forum
Please Register or Login

Thank you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The DelVaLUG Forum
Please Register or Login

Thank you!
The DelVaLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» Introductions
by LEGO Dog Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:14 pm

» Need Club Member Access?
by Maarek Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:36 am

» 2014 TLG Q2 AFOL Survey
by LEGO Dog Sat May 17, 2014 4:45 pm

» New Jersey Brick Collectors Con
by Destro788 Tue May 13, 2014 11:29 am

» A LEGO Sweepstakes at Fat Brain Toys
by whataslacker Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:52 pm

» Roller Coaster Factory
by whataslacker Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:00 pm

» Scouting for Bricks
by LEGO Dog Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:54 pm

» Psychotica-What Is God Mp3
by LEGO Dog Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:56 pm

» KOP meeting 11/20/2013
by LEGO Dog Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:31 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Introductions

+3
Maarek
Kreativ Snail
LEGO Dog
7 posters

Go down

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post  LEGO Dog Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Welcome to Pennsylvania's first and oldest LEGO Users Club.

My name is Mike a.k.a. Mac. I am one of the administrators of the forum, club ambassador, and main go to guy for the club. My love of the brick started in 1974 when I was 4 years old with a simple biplane. I still have that biplane built on my shelf and my collection has grown over the years. I primarily build space, but I also love town, castle, pirates, and a few other themes as well. I have been an active club member since 2009 and an inactive one watching behind the scenes since I first met the guys back in 2005 at a train show.

Welcome aboard and "Play Well"!
LEGO Dog
LEGO Dog

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post  Kreativ Snail Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm

KC, Kreativ Snail here. I love snails, and I build them, and other things, out of Lego. Y@_

Kreativ Snail

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Welcome aboard stranger!
LEGO Dog
LEGO Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Maarek Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Jim aka Maarek reporting in. afro

Maarek

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introduction

Post  ejbocan Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:06 am

Hey guys, my name is E.J. My home LUG is the North Eastern Ohio LEGO User Group (NEOLUG). I live in the northwest corner of Pennsylvania, so that is the closest LUG to me, and our base LEGO Brand Retail Store is in Cleveland, OH. I've been building since the late 80's/early 90's, with dark ages in between, and got back into LEGO with Brickfest 2005. I enjoy building castle, mosaics, space, and whatever I feel inspired to create.

I'll be at Brickworld Indy, Brickfair NE, Brickworld Chicago, and Brickfair VA this year, so Mike invited me to do some collaboration with your group. This will be the first time I will collaborate with a group, so I am looking forward to it! I hope I can fit in well.

ejbocan

Back to top Go down

Post  Maarek Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm

Welcome to DelVaLUG. The forum is a little new so pardon our dust. We're more active on the facebook group; but transitioning to use both. Long term projects etc are a little easier here. Welcome again. Laughing

You'll fit in fine you like LEGO cheers

Maarek

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Welcome aboard. We have another new LUG now in Pittsburgh, Steel City LUG. I can hook you up there if you want too.
LEGO Dog
LEGO Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  notenoughbricks Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:15 am

Hello all. My name is Brian from ILUGNY and just as EJ from NEOLUG mentioned, Mike reached out to me to help with your projects for Brickfair NE. I've recruited at least 1 ILUGNY member and he has posted the info Mike shared with me on the ILUGNY forums. Don't worry Mike-you have to be a member to log into and view/participate in our forums. Hopefully this will help stir up interest in your projects!

We will be discussing your plans at our upcoming event this weekend to see who else in our LUG would like to help out. One of our members would be a great "get" for your project so when Will or myself speak with this member I'd expect to have another builder helping you out.

EJ! Nice to "see" you again. Glad to know you will be going to BF VA this year. Abbey as well? Maybe all of us will do dinner again?

Kreativ Snail-sure you and the PENNLug crew will be in attendance at BF VA as well. Love the PENNLug group displays every year.

Brian

notenoughbricks

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks Brian and tell the gang up there in NY we said thanks too. I'm really glad too see the AFOL community rallying together to make this happen. I can't wait to see what we can accomplish with moonbase when this is finished. Very Happy
LEGO Dog
LEGO Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  ejbocan Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Hey Brian! Good to see you around as well!

Yup, Abbie and I will both be at all the shows this year. We'll have to plan a night out for sure.

I just got word from Arthur that Lyndhurst is having their LEGO festival April 27 and 28. I'm a bit surprised after the coordinators apparently dropped the ball on last year's event. Will you and ILUGNY be displaying there again? Let me know if you hear their publicity and advertisement has improved from last year.

Take it easy :-)

ejbocan

Back to top Go down

Post  Destro788 Tue May 13, 2014 11:10 am

What's up DelVaLUG?

My name if Fran O'Boyle and I have been posting on your facebook page for a short time now. Life long fan of LEGO and huge action figure collector. I am co-owner of a large web ring of collector websites including tfw2005.com and toyark.com. I am the organizer of the upcoming New Jersey Brick Collectors Con I am very active in the collecting community.I hope to make a few new friends.

Destro788

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Tue May 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Welcome aboard Fran. I hope you can come hang out at the KoP mall or help us with one of the many upcoming events we have planned.

Mac
LEGO Dog
LEGO Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Destro788 Tue May 13, 2014 8:33 pm

LEGO Dog wrote:Welcome aboard Fran. I hope you can come hang out at the KoP mall or help us with one of the many upcoming events we have planned.

Mac

Looking forward to it. Is there a list of on-going projects?

Destro788

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Tue May 13, 2014 9:07 pm

We have the moonbase. Everything else is kind of just thrown together as we need it. Custom rc trains are something we desperately need.
LEGO Dog
LEGO Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  danny316p Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 am

Hi, I'm Dan - I'm another person who occasionally joins in for the DelVaLUG moonbase layout but is actually in other LUGs. My first time displaying a space mosaic with a DelVaLUG space layout was back at BrickMagic in 2011. I told a few people last year at BrickFair that I'd try to make my space mosaic larger and more modular so it could be a background for the whole moonbase layout. I haven't gotten as far with it as I'd like - I'm not actually sure I like the way the modules work right now. I'm bringing a few modules of it to BrickFair this year anyway, though, so we can critique them there and figure out if we can do it better.

I was going to post photos of what I've got for BFVA2014 so far, but I see I'm too new to post external links. I guess I'll see everyone there.

danny316p

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:28 am

Hey Dan! It's mike, I remember your stuff from all those years ago. I'll be at BFVA all week. We'll catch up then. We are doing moonbase with GFLUG this year. See you then.
LEGO Dog
LEGO Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Welcome to the new members! Most of our activity has moved to our facebook group page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DelVaLUG/?ref=group_browse_new
LEGO Dog
LEGO Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum